We’re all so busy with life’s commitments, whether it be work, study, children, family etc. that sometimes it’s easy to let time pass without spending time with our partners to be affectionate, intimate and loving. Whilst we may be talking to our partners about schedules, commitments and finances, it’s important in a happy and long-lasting relationship to make small emotional connections each day with our partners to show that we do cherish and love them.
After 50 years of marriage you have to decide which is better to strengthen your relationship – 50 simple ideas or a fancy gift from goldenweddinganniversarygifts.com for your golden wedding anniversary.
Here are the 50 ideas for you to connect with your partner that don’t take a lot of energy or money. Pick the ones that suit you both and adjust for your own relationship.
- Focus on your partner when they’re talking, put your phone or tablet down.
- Dance outdoors when you’re on a walk or in any open space that’s relaxing
- Leave a love note in their pocket, bag or purse.
- Send a romantic message by text.
- Offer a shoulder massage
- Share a shower or bath
- Wake 5 minutes before you need to get up to cuddle.
- Reminisce about your first memorable dates.
- Watch your favourite comedian online and laugh together.
- Surprise your partner by dancing with them when a song you both like is playing